Saturday 4 August 2012

Introducing Luna

Evening everyone ;) I thought I'd tell you all about Luna as I'll be posting a lot about her (and the Mini Ham, Hobbes who I will be introducing later).

Luna is a tortoiseshell and white Syrian, born on the 9th of December 2010 at Hammysworld in Stockport. She's my gorgeous little madam who never fails to make my smile. She keeps me on my toes too - she never stops moving!

Pouches full of tasty snacks
Relaxing for two seconds
Luna lives in a Savic Hamster Heaven that I bought from ZooPlus. What a faff that ended up being! It came broken and took about five phone calls and 5 emails just to get things sorted. Thankfully the cage was still useable (one corner had snapped off due to poor packaging) and in the end I got a refund which saved me a load of money. Always good!

I can't seem to find any recent photographs of Luna's cage, here's one from earlier on this year. 

It's basically the same now except she no longer has the box (she destroyed it) and the hammock in the middle has been replaced with one I made. She now has a pine cone 'fruit tree' and a terracotta dish (great for keeping nails short and cooling down in the summer).

I love the cage, it's a decent size, above the RSPCA recommended size, the access is fantastic and most importantly, Luna seems happy in there.

Luna has Silvers Syrian Hamster with Apple mix, plus a variety of treats, her favourite being mealworms. She goes absolutely mad for mealworms! Don't believe me? Watch these :P


 Now that's what I call mealworm love ;)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment